How to get help if you are a professional

If you are a professional and are concerned about someone you know or in your care, please use the referral form to raise an adult safeguarding concern. Submit your completed form to

Who to call for help

Alternatively, anyone can call our Care Connect service directly to raise a concern, make a referral or to seek further guidance.

Care Connect

Monday to Friday 8am ‐ 6pm

In an emergency please ring 999 and ask for the police.

Emergency Duty Team

Out of hours and weekends

If you are deaf or hearing impaired

  • text 'EDT' followed by your name and message to 60066
  • you will be sent an immediate autoreply to confirm that your text has been received
  • you will be contacted by an Emergency Duty Team officer via text, to discuss your concerns - this should happen within 30 minutes, although during busy periods this may take longer
  • texts will cost your standard network rates

Safeguarding adult reviews (SAR)

Safeguarding adults reviews (SARs) are a statutory requirement for safeguarding adults boards (SABs). We will arrange a SAR:

  • when an adult in the area dies as a result of abuse or neglect, known or suspected
  • if we know or suspect that an adult in the area has experienced serious abuse or neglect

The SAR will review whether partner agencies could have worked better to protect the adult.